People always say “Tell me a few things about yourself.” I honestly never know how to answer because, well, how do you tell a complete stranger who you are in less than 2 minutes? I thought of 10 things that I feel are the most important things that I feel define me as a person. I wouldn’t necessarily tell everyone all 10 of these things when I first met them, but if I could this is what I would say.
1. First and foremost my name. That would be Monica, my grandma named me after a news anchor when she was visiting from Poland and she wanted me to be more Americanized so they changed it from a K to a C. Although, I have thought of legally changing it to the Polish way, it just looks pretty. I also go by Madison, it was a joke that stuck. Either way call me Monica or Madison I’ll answer to both.
2. This brings me to number 2. I’m Polish. Yes I eat pierogi (not every day though), and NO I didn’t spell that wrong. When you say pierogis you’re making it a double plural and that just sounds wrong. Whenever someone says it wrong I have to correct them, don’t be offended by this it’s just habit.
3. I’m a fur mama. I have two beautiful little babies named Kuba and Lilly. A maltese (he’s almost 9) and a puggle (she’s a rescue so we will say she just turned 4).
4. I live in NJ (also born and raised here)but my heart is in TX, I lived in TX once a few years ago. I WILL make it back there one day. The lonestar state and I have some unfinished business.
5. I love DIY projects. Whether it is making a necklace, nail art, or even a pair of sandals.
6. I own an Etsy shop.
7. I am a Mary Kay consultant.
8. I work full time for an Asian Petrochemical Company.
9. I drink way too much coffee. I mean I really think I’m addicted to coffee. I’ve been known to have up to 1 cup every hour a few times.
10. I have epilepsy. This has been a huge part of my life, not because it has affected my life negatively (it did in the beginning) but because I live like a normal person and I don’t let it affect me I like to share this with people. I may not have a terminal illness and I may not have as many seizures as some people but I still had to endure the same pain, anxiety, and fear. You can’t let the negative consume your life is pretty much what I like people to get out of it.
Mary Kay Shop
P.S. I’m on vacation but I’ll be back July 13th! Stay tuned for a surprise when I get back!