Ok, so one last recipe for 4th of July. I decided to make Patriotic Bark. I found the original recipe here but had to
switch it up a bit due to not having the right materials or not being able to
find the right ones. This bark almost
tastes like cookies and cream chocolate bars to be honest. It technically has the same ingredients,
white chocolate and oreo cookies. One
thing I will say is don’t be afraid when you make it and it looks like there’s
nothing in the dish, the chocolate is so sweet that you won’t want to eat big
pieces. So here is the my version of the
- 1 pound White Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- Approximately 16 Strawberry Crème Oreos (crushed)
- Sprinkles/any patriotic themed decorative toppings
- Take all of the white chocolate chips and melt over low
heat. Make sure you are stirring the
whole time so I highly suggest having everything prepared next to you.
- Add oil and butter and stir well. Then add about 2/3 of the crushed oreos. I left about 5 oreos for the topping.
- Pour onto your cookie sheet with foil. I didn’t use foil, but should’ve. Spread to the thickness you like and then
sprinkle the oreos and whatever else you’d like to put on top.
- Refrigerate for a half hour and voila you are finished!