Ok, so make sure you take down this recipe because this
sauce is going to make an appearance in more than one recipe that I have
planned for you. Now, this tomato sauce
is 21 day fix approved, so it’s healthy!
I wanted to start introducing some recipes for the Shape Up Saturday
Series because your diet is a bulk of your health and fitness routine. I can work out as much as I want but I would
not have achieved the results I did without eating the proper foods. Of course I have a cheat meal every once in a
while, but I don’t eat junk food on a daily basis.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped (I usually only use half I’m not a
huge fan of onions)
- ¼ cup Red Wine
- 4 cloves Garlic (chop then to really small pieces)
- 1 6oz can of tomato paste (no salt)
- 2 (28oz) cans of whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Agave
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (I usually use a pinch)
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 (3oz) Parmesan Cheese
- Finely Chopped Basil if you’d like.
- Heat Oil in large saucepan over medium high heat
- Add onion; cook stirring frequently until onion is
- Add garlic and tomato paste, stir constantly for 2-3
- Add wine, stir constantly for 2-3 minutes
- Add canned tomatoes (you can blend these or puree them on
your own, I usually blend but only for a short amount of time because I like
chunky tomato sauce), agave, salt, and pepper.
Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low stirring occasional for 3 minutes.
- Add cheese, stirring occasionally for 1 hour.
- If you’d like to add any basil or spices this would be when
you would do it. Just make sure to mix
it well into the sauce since it’s being added last.