Ok, so I may or may not have eaten this burger for three weeks straight. It was seriously THAT good! I think this is by far my absolute favorite recipe that is 21 day fix approved. I didn’t want to switch up my meal planning because this was so good but I had to just so that I didn’t get sick of it, but boooyyyyy do I want to eat this again haha!
The recipe is actually really simple and you can modify it as much as you want, for example if you want to add more veggies like peppers, or even diced mushrooms. This is why I always say there are healthier alternatives to just about everything. Even though eating a regular hamburger might be your thing, you must try these. They are amazing!
- ¾ cup reduced fat (2%) Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. dried dill weed
- 1.5 lbs 93% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Medium Onion, (chopped)
- ¼ cup finely chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 oz. spinach
- 6 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ cup whole grain bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- Sea salt and Black Pepper
- ¼ medium cucumber sliced thin
- Yogurt sauce-combine yogurt, lemon juice, 1 clove garlic,
and dill. Mix well and refrigerate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine turkey, chopped onion, sun dried tomatoes, spinach,
cheese, remaining 1 clove garlic, oregano, bread crumbs and egg in a medium
bowl. Season with salt and pepper; mix
well with clean hands. Form turkey
mixture evenly into 6 patties.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until center is cooked.
- Serve patties topped with yogurt sauce and cucumber.
Container contents if you’re following the 21 day fix for 1 serving:
- 1.5 Green
- 1 Red
- ½ Blue
**Please note, I am not a nutritionist or personal trainer. Please consult with a professional prior to doing any of the workouts on this blog. These are the workouts that I do and work for me, however if you are concerned with your form or if you are able to do these please contact your doctor. Please also check with your doctor or nutritionist if the food/recipes that I’m posting are ok for your diet.