and I’ve been seeing these bowls everywhere.
Whether it’s a poke bowl, fruit bowl, etc. All of these people make them look so pretty
so I decided to give it a shot. Well,
cauliflower rice was definitely good, especially if you’re looking for a
healthier alternative. I did make a lot
of it for my meal prepping, and unfortunately I got really sick so most of it
wasn’t eaten. I was actually really sad
about this. I decided to add tofu because
my mom had some extra, and I really love tofu.
I know, I know, it’s tasteless.
However, depending on what you cook it with, it takes on that
flavor. That’s why I decided to do a
healthier version of stir fry with cauliflower rice instead.
suggest using that for when you cut up the cauliflower, and if you’re like me
and STILL haven’t bought one you’re going to need to cut up two heads of
cauliflower. Yup, it’s tedious, but the
end result is worth it!
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp Soy Sauce (less sodium, divided use)
- Little bit of lime/lemon juice
- 1 tsp of hot sauce
- 1 block tofu
- 4 tbsp sesame oil (divided use)
- 4 scallions
- ½ cup red pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup celery (chopped)
- Open tofu from pack, drain water and cut into cubes.
- Mix ¼ cup Soy Sauce, little bit of lime/lemon juice, and 1
tsp hot sauce, set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil in a pan. Add tofu.
You can also marinade the tofu in the sauce mix from the above, I
however don’t like an overpowering taste of soy sauce so I just do the next
- Add sauce mixture and cook until tofu turns a golden
brown. Set Aside.
- Directions for Cauliflower Rice
- Cut up (or use a food processor) 2 heads of cauliflower in
rice like sizes. Cut up ½ cup of red
pepper, ½ cup celery, and 4 scallions. Add
all to medium bowl.
- Heat up pan, or pot (whichever you prefer, pot’s easier for
this amount of veggies) with the remaining 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Add veggie mixture and add remaining 2 tbsp of soy
sauce. I cooked it until I thought it
tasted good, but cook it for however long you’d like!
- Add tofu to cauliflower rice bowl and tada, food is served!
but I counted this as 1 red (tofu) 2 green (cauliflower rice mixture) and 2
tsp. I also used my containers to
measure because this makes a lot of servings.
**Please note, I am not a nutritionist or personal trainer. Please consult with a professional prior to doing any of the workouts on this blog. These are the workouts that I do and work for me, however if you are concerned with your form or if you are able to do these please contact your doctor. Please also check with your doctor or nutritionist if the food/recipes that I’m posting are ok for your diet.