- It did help me with cravings in the beginning. I have quite the sweet tooth (ask anyone, it’s quite sickening actually) so being able to drink something that was sweet was amazing!
- I didn’t have to take a multivitamin because Shakeology was my multivitamin. My coach told me that her doctor stated that the contents in Shakeology are safe and the claims that it’s good for you is well, quite a good claim. Whether it’s 100% true I’m honestly not sure because I never consulted with my doctor or any professionals. It didn’t bug my stomach like the multivitamins did, it just made me a little (TMI) gasy.
- Hair and nail growth. Now this is something I’d like to debunk. Yes, the shake mix has lots of nutrients in it that can help your skin look better, hair grow, and nails grow, but if you are doing the entire 21 day fix program, I honestly don’t think it’s just the Shakeology. Do I think it helps? Yes, but it’s not the sole reason to healthy skin, hair, and nails. I stopped drinking Shakeology every day about a month ago and my hair and nails are growing just the same as they were before Shakeology.
- It’s not just a protein shake, it’s your healthy food for the day. Ok, let me set the record straight because I hear multiple different things. Some coaches say this is a meal replacement, others say it’s not so at this point I don’t know if it’s considered a meal replacement or snack. I would use it after my workout or for dinner because by the time I would get home it would be extremely late and I didn’t have time to cook a meal. So convenience played a key factor.
- Calories are low, IF you don’t add to the shake mix. If you are just adding water and some ice you’re at a low calorie snack, but once you start adding other things to it is when the calories start piling up.
- Claims of helping with weight loss. To be honest, I don’t think it was the Shakeology that helped me lose weight. It was clean eating and working out along with something that helped with cravings which was the shake, but in my personal opinion I don’t think Shakeology played that big of a role.
- Price. I honestly just have to write that one word. As a coach I was spending $99 and change (that’s with the coaching discount) for home direct delivery whereas when I was just a customer I was spending close to $130. When you break it up it’s anywhere from $3.30-$4+ a day for this shake. Sure, it’s less than going out to dinner and spending at least $10 on something that is completely terrible for you, but if you purchase your own foods and make everything at home you can make a full blown meal for that price too. Yes, I was able to fit it into my budget, but right now that I’m on track with my weight loss I don’t NEED to fit it into my budget, because I don’t need it to help. But I’m not going to lie to y’all, it’s REALLY nice to have that $99 back in my pocket at the end of every month.
- Similar products out there. I’ve been doing my research and even though Shakeology is not just a protein shake it has other things in it that are good for you there are plenty of supplements that are similar to Shakeology. I haven’t tried any of them yet.
- I’m too hungry afterwards. Believe it or not, in the beginning of my weight loss journey I was forcing myself to eat all of the food that I was supposed to and the Shakeology helped because it was really light so I didn’t feel overly full afterwards. Well, now that I’m working out twice a day, I’m eating more. I think my body after a year, has the desire to chew my food instead of drinking it. A month ago I was having such a hard time drinking my shake and not being hungry afterwards so I decided to start making myself actual meals and since then I haven’t had the urge to snack. I think Shakeology will be great for me to keep on hand but I don’t think my body can take it every day like it used to.
- This may be TMI, but it makes me gasy. One of the reasons why I would drink it at night was because I knew I would be home, so if I had a gas problem I wasn’t out in public. People say this is because it cleans out your system of toxins and anything unhealthy you’ve put in your body, but even after a year of clean eating I still get gasy after it. Don’t tell me it’s cleaning out my system, because there’s no toxins to get rid of.
I know that some people might think I’m bashing Shakeology because I’m no longer a coach, but that’s honestly not the case. I think it’s a great product to help you with weight loss because it helped me with cravings and I personally thought it wasn’t bad tasting (except for Vanilla and Greenberry I have to be in the mood for). It’s convenient and great for after a workout. The chocolate and cafe latte are the perfect ones to just mix with some water so if you’re on the go, it’s great. From the very beginning I couldn’t get over the price of Shakeology. I tried to get myself to believe TBB that it’s needed in every day life and that its only $4 a day, but in the long run I spent a little over $1200 for 10 months of Shakeology. I’m one to budget and after so many months and having an abundant supply I just couldn’t continue with it. With that being said since I have so much of it, I know some people are trying to sample Shakeology but don’t want to sample from a coach because they don’t want the constant “hey have you tried it” “hey do you want to buy it” trust me, I know some super pushy coaches that WON’T give up. There are some coaches out there who really give the rest of the coaches a bad reputation. I will be selling some of mine so if you’d like to sample them with no obligation to sign up with Team Beach Body I’m going to leave the pricing and what flavors I have below. I’m also not making a profit off of these, the extra amount will cover the shipping. One packet is equivalent to one scoop.
5 Pack Bundle $20
3 Pack Bundle $14
1 Packet $5
Flavors I have available:
Cafe Latte (aka coffee)
So, if you are interested please contact me via email mejmoda [at] gmail [dot] com. Please note this is only for domestic orders, NO INTERNATIONAL. Again, I’m not a Team Beach Body coach trying to get you to sign up with a Shakeology subscription, I just want to get rid of the abundance of Shakeology I have haha.