It’s my birthday! I’m 31 today. My blogger babes and I are going to talk about things that we wish we could tell our younger selves. I wanted to do things a little differently this year just because 30 was a good year, and I really don’t have anything bad to say about this past year, but I wish I could go back in time and tell my younger self a thing or two.
What I would tell my younger self:
- Don’t be so insecure, you’re perfect the way you are.
- These relationships don’t mean anything, you’ll meet your soulmate at 18 and start dating him at 27. And for god’s sake, know your worth and leave the guys who treat you like garbage. They DON’T love you. They’re an ex for a reason!
- Don’t go to the hospital after your first car accident, you’ll be stuck with medical bills that no one wants to pay for even though the accident wasn’t your fault, and the doctors won’t find anything majorly wrong.
- Being diagnosed with epilepsy isn’t the end of the world. You’re still alive.
- Always have a savings account. You would have needed it in your 20’s for credit card debt and your student loan debt.
- Don’t stop blogging in 2010. You’ll miss out on 3 years, and you never know, it might go somewhere.
- Turning 30 is not that bad lol. Stop being so depressed about it. Nothing changes, except you get a few more wrinkles, and your metabolism isn’t as great.
- Instead of going out to the bar in your early-mid 20’s, “waste” your money away on traveling, or paying off your student loans.
- If you lend people money, don’t expect to get it back. Think of it as a gift.
- Enjoy being young, and stop trying to be so grown up. Adulting sucks.
Now, I’ll move on to my blogger friends who are participating in this post.
Ellen from Ask Away Blog
I would tell myself to just relax and not be so insecure and think that everyone’s always judging you. Once you get out into the real world, you realize how much you worried about what other people thought of you and how much time you DON’T have to worry about that now.
Maria from Passion fruit, Paws and Peonies
Hi! I’m Maria a midlife English blogger and I write an elegant lifestyle blog for women over 40.
I met my husband Andy when I was 16 and have been in love with him ever since. We have two children who have grown into incredible people in their own right and we pinch ourselves how lucky we are that they and their partners come and hang out with us often.
We live in a big old house in Surrey, England that needs constant love and attention with four dogs who are the babies of the family.
My blog is full of lifestyle articles I hope you’ll enjoy – written with the intention of sharing my passions and style.
I have always appreciated things with an elegant style rather than fashion, after all, elegance never goes out of style! I think my style is a little Boho chic too. I hope you enjoy it x
Ruth from My Little Nest
Style Elixir // The Fashion Canvas // Walking in Memphis in High Heels // I do deClaire //The Pleated Poppy // Pumps and Pushups // Elegantly Dressed & Stylish // Elegance and Mommyhood // Posh Classy Mom // Lady in Violet // Glass of Glam// Shelbee on the Edge // Foxy Domestic Side // Style Assisted // This Main Life // Cappuccino and Fashion // Threads for Thomas